In Australia, each state and territory has a nutrition policy and/or guidelines that outline the criteria for products sold in the school canteen. In most states and territories, Government schools are required to implement this criteria, and Independent and Catholic schools are strongly encouraged.
STATE/TERRITORY CANTEEN GUIDELINES AND POLICIES
- Australian Capital Territory – National Healthy School Canteen Guidelines
- New South Wales – The NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy
- Northern Territory – School Nutrition and Healthy Eating Guidelines
- Queensland – Smart Choices Healthy Food and Drink Supply Strategy
- South Australia – Right Bite Food and Drink Supply Strategy
- Tasmania – SmartFood Nutrient Criteria
- Victoria – School Canteen & Other School Food Services Policy
- Western Australia – Healthy Food & Drink Policy
On the Healthy Kids website, you’ll find detailed information on the canteen guidelines and resources for:
Click here for an outline of the school canteen guidelines and policies in each state/territory, and the support services available.
Do you have questions? Call us on (02) 9876 1300 (or 1300 724 850 if you are outside of Sydney) or email email@example.com.